2020 Bahrain edition of Smart SMB Summit & Awards hosted successfully
The second edition of Smart SMB Summit & Awards concluded on a high note on the 29th of March at Gulf Hotel, Manama under the patronage of his Excellency Dr. Abdul Hussain Bin Ali Mirza, President of Sustainable Energy Authority, Kingdom of Bahrain.
As the chief guest of the day, His Excellency, Dr. Abdul Hussain Bin Ali Mirza addressing a gathering that included several top Mid-market leaders from the Kingdom highlighted the several strides that Bahrain is making on the Technology front and the strong commitment towards the future.
Smart SMB Summit has over the past 18 months and more, become a definitive and the most recognized platform for meaningful understanding of many facets of digital & Business transformation in the MEA region.
Raman Narayan, Publisher and Editor in chief at Business Media International in his opening address said, “Over the past 18 months and more, we have been able to successfully take this platform regional having started out in Dubai with the first edition. Indeed the stories of digital transformation have gathered speed across sectors, from government to private and Bahrain is quite proudly placed in the forefront of embracing the digital future. And as this transformation goes hand in hand with Business transformation, forward looking legislations are helping the country’s Businesses make significant progress in sectors like Fintech for instance.”
According to Saumyadeep Halder, CEO of Business Media International, “Smart SMB Summit & Awards are most comprehensive in terms of engagement opportunities for mid-market companies. The continued success shows that the event’s theme of digital and business transformation continues to be most relevant for more decisions makers in the region than ever before as they continue adopting new technologies of transformation.”
The Summit saw several intense panel discussions and keynotes.
Dr. Jassim who has been in the forefront driving awareness on the potency of AI gave a persuasive address on facilitating the growth of Bahrain as a hub for AI development in the region.
Premanand Velumani, Business Solutions Manager, MEA, Zoho discussed some facets of digital transformation including successful customer engagement as a a key facet.
Mirza Asrar Baig, Founder & CEO, EDX Labs presented an address on the 4th industrial revolution impact on Sustainable Development Goals.
The first panel of the day discussed ‘Adoption of FinTech in the mid-market’. The session was moderated by Ahmed Saleh Albalooshi, Fintech researcher and expert from AI society and the participants included Ali Alsadadi, Head of IT, National Oil & Gas Authority; Ahmed Buhazza Chairman, Arab Charity Technology Innovation Initiative; Fatema Ebrahim Board Member, Women in Fintech Initiative; Hasan Isam Naser Muhi, Information Security Management, Kuwait Finance House Bahrain and Mirza Asrar Baig Founder & CEO, EDX Labs
The second panel of the day dwelled on the ‘Use cases of AI in enhancing services and revenues’ and this session was moderated by
Khalid Jalal, Senior Group ICT Manager, Garmco. The participants included Shk Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Supreme Council of Health; Dr Christos Gatzapulis, Head of School of ICT and Web Media, Bahrain Polytechnic; Dr Fatima Alsebaie, Research Analyst, Bahrain Center for Strategic, International and Energy Studies (DERASAT); Nawaf Abdulrahman,General Secretary, Bahrain Smart City Society and Dr Ahmed Zaki, Associate Professor, University of Bahrain.
The final panel discussion of the day took stock of VAT implementation impact in the mid-market. Maheshkumar Narayan, Chairperson, Bahrain Chapter of ICAI was the moderator for the session which included experts from industry including Jaideep Rana, CFO, Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance (BIBF); Gaurav Khurana, Head of Tax, Moore Stephens Bahrain; Sanjeev Aggarwal, Head of Finance Solidarity Bahrain BSC; Nitin Sharma CFO, Salaam Telecom and Krishnan Kavasseri, CFO, Ebrahim K. Kanoo.
The summit was followed by an hour of business networking before the Awards ceremony. The Awards ceremony celebrated companies that have achieved significant digital transformation initiatives to date as well as companies that have made significant difference to the ecosystem in facilitating technology supplies, deployment and support.
The winners of the day included:
- Best Digital Transformation in Retail - Supplify
- Best Digital Transformation in Healthcare - Supreme Council of Health
- Best Digital Transformation in Legislation - Shura Council
- Best Digital Transformation in Insurance- Bahrain National Holding.
- Best Digital Transformation in Travel - Yusuf bin Ahmed Kanoo Group.
- Best Digital Transformation in Finance - Arab Charity Technology Innovation Initiative
- Best Digital Transformation in Education - The New Millennium School – DPS, Bahrain
- Best Digital Transformation in Manufacturing - Garmco
- Best Digital Transformation in BFSI - Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance
- CIO of the Year - Osama Nasr, Bahrain Islamic Bank
- CISO of the year - Hasan Isam Naser Muhi, Kuwait Finance House.
- CEO of the year - Dr. Adel Hubail, Bahrain Commercial Facilities Company B.S.C.
- Cybersecurity Solution Provider of the year - CTM360
- Easy set-up services for SMB- Zayani Infosystems Middle east
- Best initiatives in AI- Artificial Intelligence Society Bahrain
- SaaS Provider of the year - Zoho One
- Cloud Solutions Vendor of the year - DMARC360
- Volume Distributor of the year - Redington Gulf