Dell EMC IDPA DP4400 targets mid-market customers
Dell EMC announced its newest Integrated Data Protection Appliance (IDPA), the Dell EMC IDPA DP4400, providing simple and powerful converged data protection to help mid-size organizations transform IT while combatting data sprawl and complexity.
Comprehensive data protection has been a challenge for mid-size organizations. Enterprise-class products come with higher cost and complexity, while lower cost products that have traditionally targeted these organizations sacrifice performance, efficiency and application support. Dell EMC built the IDPA DP4400 from the ground up as a simple, yet powerful, solution for mid-size organizations—featuring enterprise-class capabilities for backup, deduplication, replication and recovery. IDPA DP4400 also offers built-in cloud readiness features with disaster recovery and long-term data retention to the cloud.
“For years, mid-size organizations haven’t quite had a comprehensive data protection solution that was sized and priced right for them,” said Beth Phalen, President, Data Protection, Dell EMC. “With the IDPA DP4400 there are no compromises. We’re delivering a converged data protection solution that’s as simple to use as it is powerful —with support for the largest application ecosystem and expansion to the cloud. The IDPA DP4400 offers the right level of modern features and capabilities for mid-size data centers at the lowest cost to protect.”
“For mid-size organizations, scaling can get expensive as they try to meet the needs of their ever growing data,” said Michel Nader, Regional Director, Data Protection Solutions, Middle East, Turkey and Africa (META Region), at Dell EMC. “With the new Dell EMC IDPA DP4400 we have integrated the best of breed components to offer better time to value and cloud-tiering for long term retention, enabling mid-size organizations to greatly simplify and automatically adapt to the changing needs and requirements of their business, while keeping performance high and costs down.”
The IDPA DP4400 blends simplicity and performance for mid-size organizations and remote office-branch office (ROBO) environments. The solution is designed to provide organizations the lowest cost to protect and is guaranteed under the Dell EMC Future-Proof Loyalty program.
The IDPA DP4400 is a converged data protection appliance in a dense 2U platform powered by Dell EMC PowerEdge 14th generation servers. Key features include:
- Customer-installable and easy-to-use HTML5 user interface: Makes IDPA DP4400 ideal for deployment and management in mid-sized organizations and ROBO locations.
- Grows in place with no downtime: A single 24TB appliance can grow in place to 96TB with a license key and no additional hardware to purchase.
- Protect more data with 55:1 average deduplication: IDPA DP4400 can protect approximately 5PB of usable data capacity. And, with native Cloud Tier for long-term retention, the total protected usable capacity increases to 14.4 PB.
- Supports largest application ecosystem: Includes support for modern applications such as MySQL and MongoDB, both physical and virtual, and support for multiple hypervisors (VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Delivers powerful performance with NVMe flash: Shortens backup windows by up to 2x; backs up only de-duplicated data requiring up to 98% less bandwidth; and supports 7x more backup streams while delivering instant access and restore of virtual machines to help meet stringent SLAs and RPOs.
- Cloud-ready solution: IDPA DP4400 comes with 5TB licenses each for Cloud Disaster Recovery and Cloud Tier as well as a Dell EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines starter pack that provides five VMs and a one-year subscription.
The IDPA DP4400 simplifies data protection management via a modern HTML 5 user interface that automates daily tasks including management, monitoring and reporting. In addition, integration with VMware native tools, SQL Server Management Studio and Oracle RMAN enables application administrators to leverage protection features within familiar user interfaces.
With an average 55:1 deduplication rate, The IDPA DP4400 also offers efficient and cost-effective native Cloud Disaster Recovery (to Amazon AWS) with end-to-end orchestration—failover in three clicks, and failback in two clicks—all without the need for additional hardware.